Thursday 2 August 2012

Passionfruit vines are deciduous, right? And other dreary winter tales


It's OK...deep down I already know the answer to that question *sigh*

I can probably count on one hand the amount of frost free days we have had in the last couple of weeks...no months really, so it is understandable that the passionfruit is feeling a little cold. We had a -5 here this morning, the third morning this week at -5 and below.

Maybe this is just a self preservation method, and come spring, new growth and flowers will be revealed.

Maybe the vines were just discarding unwanted leaves.

I think it's time to face facts...its dead.

Other dreary winter tales from the place include:

 - a fireplace that is finished, looks fantastic, but can't be used because of some issues with the builder which means we can't get final council approval. I think I feel colder just by looking at an empty fire. On the up though, its almost spring, warm weather will be here shortly, and we will have no need to use it until next year! Joy!

 - a rat has taken up residence in the greenhouse and has decided that lettuce, peas and rocket are his 'thing'. I hate rats.

 - I have only been half-heartedly doing exercise as it is too cold, even in the house! OK...now I am just whingeing!

 - I have been hibernating so bad that I haven't even blogged! Can't believe it has been so long!

Bring on the warmth and new life that comes with spring. We need a little cheering up around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment